HSE Approved Medicals
HSE Approved Medicals
Breathing asbestos fumes is potentially hazardous to health. Working with two fully qualified occupational health physicians with the necessary HSE certification for carrying out asbestos medicals.
Once one of our doctors is registered as your appointed physician to undertake these medicals, we can provide appointments within seven working days for those working in potentially hazardous places, or carrying out asbestos removal. We then issue a certificate and forward a copy to the HSE in accordance with Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006.
Lead poisoning is a potential hazard in industries which use lead-based chemicals, or where breathing in lead dust or fumes is possible. Companies are required by the HSE to monitor lead levels and maintain a health register for everyone engaged in potentially hazardous processes.
At Occupational Medicals, we are able to offer biological monitoring of lead through blood testing, and help your company implement a health surveillance programme to protect your employees from lead poisoning. We ensure that all relevant paperwork is forwarded to the HSE in accordance with the Control of Lead at Work Regulations 2002 approved code of practice and guidance, and your COSSH records.
Ionizing radiation medical
The Ionizing Radiation Regulations 1999 approved code of practice and guidance outlines the legal requirements for controlling ionizing radiation in a variety of industries, including construction, paper, engineering and the nuclear industry.
Employers are required to put a system in place to reduce and record employees’ exposure to ionizing radiation. At Occupational Medicals, we offer biological monitoring of ionizing radiation through blood/urine testing, and can help organisations implement a health surveillance programme to protect their employees.
- Absence recording and monitoring
- Absence Tracker
- Sickness Absence Medicals/Management Referrals
- Stress Management Centre
- Health Surveillance / Statutory Medicals (Nurse On Site)
- Lung Function (Spirometry) & Hearing (Audiometry) Tests
- New Starter Screening
- LGV/PSV/Licensing/Fork-lift Truck Driver Medicals
- Night Worker Assessment
- Hand and Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS)
- Food Handler Medicals
- Skin Surveillance
- Lone Worker And Confined Space Medicals
- Working At Heights Medicals
- Personal Track Safety Or Other Industry Standards
- HSE Approved Medicals
- Executive Health Screening
- Ill Health Retirement Medicals
- Drug and Alcohol Testing (Employment)
- Workplace Risk Assessment
- Pregnancy And Workstation (DSE) Risk Assessment
- Flu And Travel Vaccinations
By working with Occupational Medicals, we have reduced both short-term and long-term sickness levels among our employees. They provided a fantastic service, with lots of helpful information and advice.
- Elaine Allen, personnel officer at Manchester Working